Folk Foods 4
There was a lot of info already listed about your meal plan this week, but we have so much more to say about Strawberries. We love most is that they rival citrus fruits for vitamin C and they’re packed with antioxidants.
- Strawberries get their red color from an antioxidant that helps reduce inflammation (a major symptom in chronic diseases). They may also curb the growth of cancer cells.
- They also boast loads of potassium, which can help keep your blood pressure in check.
- Strawberries contain an antioxidant and effective cancer fighter, particularly against colon and cervical cancers.
- Studies have shown promising results for blood-sugar regulation, given the low glycemic index (GI) value of strawberries.
- Studies have shown a reduced cognitive loss in women who consumed at least 1–2 servings of strawberries per week. Now we’re talking, folksters!
We snuck in a surprise for you this week’s Folk Foods Pick Up! Wait – make that two surprises!
The surprise is a packaged snack where you WILL NOT find these top allergens: wheat/gluten, dairy, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish and are made without casein, potato, sesame and sulfites. Woot! Not only that, these are non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, kosher and paleo-friendly. What you WILL find is a delicious, all-natural combo of raw sunflower kernels, roasted pumpkin seeds, raisins, dried apples, chocolate chips, cranberries.
Throw these snack packs in your purse and keep them on hand for that darn-aha-moment of realizing “I’m about to miss a meal”. Each bite you take of these, know this is your return-customer-thank-you-snack-a-rooskie. WE SO APPRECIATE YOU.
Your order will be ready tomorrow at the St. Rose Bootcamp – 8:30 am. Please grab an A, B & C container (or a 1, 2 & 3 – whatever fancies Coleen in the wee hours of the morning).
You can find details about your order if you Folk Foods Pick Up! And remember, “It is health that is real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver.” -Mahatma Gandhi