FUDGY, GLUTEN-FREE, (VEGAN) BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
Use this recipe to substitute your processed protein bars! They are protein filled that only contain whole food ingredients to help you reach your health and fitness goals.
These brownies are ridiculously simple to make. They require a handful of ingredients you likely have on hand (and if you don’t click on the links below to have it delivered to your door the next day), and all you need is a food processor (or a blender) and a muffin tin.
Ingredients (12 Brownies):
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 egg whites or flax eggs*
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¾ cup cacao powder (or cocoa)
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. organic pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- Optional toppings: Pecans, walnuts, cacao nibs
Preheat oven to 350F. Using a food processor, high-speed blender, or handheld mixer, combine all ingredients together until smooth (excluding optional toppings). Consistency should be similar to chocolate frosting.
Add a tablespoon of water if needed, but avoid making the batter runny. Transfer batter into a nonstick muffin pan. Optional to top with nuts or cacao nibs. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges of the muffins begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Allow brownies to cool for 30 minutes.
*To make this Gluten-Free Recipe Vegan. Use Flax Eggs: To make one flax egg, combine 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds with 2 tbsp. of water in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe.
Place an amazon order right now with the below links! Go through your pantry right now and click on anything you don’t have! Please don’t let anything hold you back from making this delightful and healthy treat!
- Bush’S Best Organic Black Beans, 15 oz
- Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Flaxseed, 24 Ounce
- Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Unrefined Cold Pressed Coconut Oil for Hair, Skin and Cooking, 14 Ounce
- Viva Naturals 1 Best Selling Certified Organic Cacao Powder from Superior Criollo Beans, 1 LB Bag
- The Spice Lab Pink Himalayan Salt – 1 Kilo Coarse – Pure Gourmet Crystals – Nutrient and Mineral Fortified for Health – Kosher and Natural Certified
- Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)
- Butternut Mountain Farm Organic Vermont Maple Syrup, 100% Pure Grade A Dark Robust (formerly Grade B), 12oz
- Rumford Baking Powder, Gluten Free, Aluminium Free 4 oz
- Nature’s Eats Pecan Halves, 16 Ounce
- NOW Foods Walnuts Raw Organic, 12-Ounce
- Navitas Organics Cacao Nibs, 8 oz. Bag — Organic, Non-GMO, Fair Trade, Gluten-Free
This is a rough estimate for 1 brownie without toppings.
Serving size: 1 brownie | Calories: 140 | Fat: 6g | Carbs: 22g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 5g
Cacao is chocolate in its natural state, raw and much less processed. While cacao is packed with plentiful health benefits, when processed and turned into cocoa, the nutrient content is severely altered. If you want to boost your energy, enhance your mood, increase your fat burning, and stabilize your blood sugar, choose cacao for powder and nibs. Enjoy the rich dark chocolate taste and reap the benefits. Also give it a try in oatmeal, smoothies, and greek yogurt. To dive in deeper about your health, please click on this link: Cacao vs Cocoa!