The Lying Butterfly
- Loosens your groin and inner thigh muscles
- Helps relieve sciatica and varicose veins
- Keeps the reproductive system healthy
- Relieves menstrual cramps
- Regulates blood pressure
Nobody Knows: Nobody knows how the story ends. Live the day, doing what you can. This is only where it begins… Search the heavens and the Earth below… Love is deep as the road is long.
“As we sweep our arms up and bow forward, we honor the earth, the heavens, and all of life in between that is nourished by the breath cycle. As we lower our bodies, we connect with the earth. As we rise up from the earth, we stretch through the atmosphere once more, reaching for the sky. As we bring our hands together in Namaste, we gather the space of the heavens back into our heart and breath, acknowledging that our body forms the center point between heaven and earth.” Source: Yoga Journal
We Can Always Come Back To This: No matter where we go from here. No matter how the cards would fall, I’ll pick you up and you’ll hold me too. So don’t give up on me, I’ll never give up on you. Everything is going be alright… Look up not down. It all comes around… We can always come back to this.
- Strengthens the thighs and ankles
- Tones the shoulders, butt, hips, back, digestive organs and heart
- Stretches the Achilles tendons and shins
- Therapeutic for flat feet
- Stretches the shoulders and opens the chest
- Holding this pose increases the heart rate, stimulating the circulatory and metabolic systems
- Builds a lot of heat in the body, and fast
River: In my darkness, I remember Momma’s words reoccur to me “Surrender to the good Lord And he’ll wipe your slate clean”. Take me to your river, I wanna go. I wanna know. Tip me in your smooth waters. As a man with many crimes. Come up for air. As my sins flow down the Jordan. Oh, I wanna come near and give ya. Every part of me. But there’s blood on my hands. And my lips aren’t clean…
- Core Strength
- Strengthens Arms and Wrists
- Strengthens Legs.
- Improves Balance
- Improves Concentration
Heartaches + Pain: “My brother said to me – gotta stand tall because life is full of sorrow heartaches and pain. “
- Strengthens your shoulders, arms, legs, ankles and back.
- Opens yours hips, chest and lungs.
- Improves focus, balance and stability.
- Encourages good circulation and respiration.
- Stretches your arms, legs, shoulders, neck, belly, groins and ankles.
- Energizes the entire body.
This pose is about protection and this “warrior” is to be called upon in times of need.
Cold Little Heart: This song reflects on past mistakes with the hope of reconciliation. The singer scorns his own pride: “Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong.” It shows us the beauty in atonement, the silver lining in the struggle.
- Stretches your hips, groins, and shoulders
- Opens your chest and lungs
- Builds stamina and concentration
- Energizes tired limbs
- Stimulates your abdominal organs
- Helps relieve backaches, especially through your 2nd trimester
- Develops balance and stability
- Improves circulation and respiration
- Therapeutic for flat feet, sciatica, osteoporosis, carpal tunnel and infertility
Magic Mountain: Well, I’m goin’ up, up on Magic Mountain. Well, I’m goin’ so high, we’re gonna touch the sky. Drink a little water, up on Magic Mountain. Peace and love, love, love, for you and I. Yes, we’re goin’ high, high, high, high on Magic Mountain. We’re goin’ high, high, high and never comin’ down, no, no. See the clouds floatin’ past, Just like our troubles, it’s a thing of the past…. I like it up here, up on this mountain. I said lord no, no, I ain’t never comin’ down, no, no.
- Improves posture
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles
- Increases awareness
- Steadies breathing
- Increases strength, power, and mobility in the feet, legs, and hips
- Firms abdomen and buttocks
- Relieves sciatica
- Reduces flat feet
- Develops strength and flexibility simultaneously, especially in the spine
- Relieves tension, aches, and pains throughout the body
- Improves blood circulation
- Encourages healthy digestion and elimination
- Leaves you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated
- Expels dullness and depression
- Harmonizes the body and mind
- Increases energy and enthusiasm
This Feeling: See, I’ve been having me a real hard time. But it feels so nice to know I’m gonna be alright. So I just kept going, I just kept going. And hoping I’m growing near. I spent all this time. Trying find my way here… And I’ve been having me a real fun time. And it feels so nice to know I’m gonna be alright. Please don’t take this feeling, I have found at last.
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys
- Stretches the shoulders, hips, and neck
- Energizes the spine
- Stimulates the digestive fire in the belly
- Relieves menstrual discomfort, fatigue, sciatica, and backache
- Therapeutic for asthma and infertility
Broken Halos: Angels come down from the heavens just to help us on our way. Come to teach us, then they leave us And they find some other soul to save. Don’t go looking for the reasons. Don’t go asking Jesus why. We’re not meant to know the answers. They belong to the by and by.
Everyone has different reasons for practicing yoga. … Regardless of our personal reasons, Relaxation Pose is a very important part of yoga practice because it allows us to reap the benefits of our physical endeavors. It enables us to bring yoga from poses into self-awareness through meditation.
A very special thank you to Christine with The Shop Downtown for opening her doors to us. Her ever thoughtful words, kindness, and encouragement always bring the deepest and most inspirational coffee chats. Love.